Lately in my current project, I have been doing lot of UI work and hence I constantly juggle between view model classes and Views (XAML files). When I double click the XAML files in Solution Explorer, it opens designer as well as XAML view.
Of course you can double click XAML tab (circled in red in above screenshot) and expand xaml view. However, if you are like me and more comfortable working in full xaml editor, you can actually make editor open full XAML editor always.
- Go to Tools –>Options to open Visual Studio Options window
- Find XAML node and go to Miscellaneous node.
- Then check “Always open documents in full XAML view”, then click OK
Now, whenever you double click XAML files in Solution Explorer, your xaml files are opened in full XAML view.
- Tag Admin extension is now available for Visual Studio 2017
- Options for displaying modal dialogs in Visual Studio extensions
- MSBuild Dependency Visualizer tool
- 'Value does not fall within the expected range' error while adding toolbar to toolwindow
- AppVeyor extension for Visual Studio 2013/2015
About Utkarsh Shigihalli
- VSTS Status Monitor - A Google Chrome extension to monitor VSTS Status
- How to transform Web.Config file 'Properly' with VSTS!
- SpecFlow VSTS Build pipeline with SpecRunner For BDD Style Automated Gherkin Functional Tests
- Infrastructure Deployment Pipelines: Deploying Infrastructure in Azure with VSTS
- HOWTO: Check browser type and its version in your VSTS/TFS extensions
- HOWTO: Copy text to clipboard in VSTS/TFS Extensions
- HelloWorld Chef on Windows, Knife, Cookbook, IIS, Windows Azure & everything in between...
- So... how did it feel recording training for Microsoft?