Microsoft Most Valuable Professional 2015 for ALMJan 1, 2015 | Tarun Arora Personal
I have been re-awarded the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award in Visual Studio ALM for 4th year in a row. Thank you Microsoft for re-awarding me the MVP award, it’s a great feeling to start the year knowing that my contributions to the Microsoft ecosystem are still relevant!
While there are more than 100 million social and technical community members, only a small portion are selected to be recognized as MVPs. Each year, around 4,000 MVPs are honored. They are nominated by Microsoft, other community individuals, or in some cases themselves. Candidates are rigorously evaluated for their technical expertise, community leadership, and voluntary community contributions for the previous year. They come from more than 90 countries, speak over 40 different languages, and are awarded in more than 90 Microsoft technologies. Together, they answer more than 10 million questions a year! MVPs are recognized each quarter for this annual award, which continues to grow and evolve to reflect the development of Microsoft technologies. Currently there are just 100 ALM MVP’s across the globe, I am delighted to retain my ALM MVP status to continue to be part of this prestigious group.
I had a very busy 2014, below is a short list of few things I worked on…
- Over 5000 support points on MSDN/stackoverflow forums, answering over 300 questions
- 30+ blogposts, 100 registered users, 20,000 clicks/month, 15,500 unique users/month
- Over 100 minutes of ALM video tutorials on youTube both in Hindi & English
- Delivered multiple presentation/sessions covering a culturally diverse audience of 2 continents
- Appearances in ALM blog, Msdn UK, Technet Flash, Msdn Flash & MVP Friday fives
- Contributions to several Visual Studio Tooling extensions projects
- Active contributor in the Visual Studio ALM rangers program
- Unlimited hours of commitment in the Visual Studio Champs Program
- Awarded the Microsoft ALM MVP of the year for 2014
Microsoft MVP is a global recognition that is valued across the industry. Apart from the recognition of the MVP title, there are other perks that come with the package, check out this blog post for a brief list of free subscriptions offered to MVPs.
Thank you for following my blog and supporting my contributions. Stay tuned for an even better line up for 2015.