When doing the upgrade of TFS2015 from previous update version you might get an error as
TF254027 : Cannot create a binding on port 443 because the specified certificate could not be found. In this post we will see detailed steps to solve it.
The error is caused if the certificate you used to configure HTTPS for TFS 2015 is not found.
Previous button in the wizard till you go to
Application Tier tab.
Edit Site Settings to open the below dialog
https protocol (port 443) and click
Edit. This will open a dialog below.
If you have your organization certificate, you should see it in the
SSL Certificate dropdown. If you see the correct certificate, select it to use it - and you can skip rest of the blog post :-)
If you do not have any certificate (or certificate has been removed accidentally), you can create a self signed certificate using IIS.
Create a self signed certificate
To create self signed certificate you can follow the steps mentioned here.
Assign the certificate
Once you create the self signed certificate, come back to the wizard and you should see the certificate.
Re-run the readiness check and you should see all checks pass.
- Continuous Delivery with Team Foundation Server 2015
- Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 RC 1 - Now Available
- ALM and DevOps with Team Foundation Server 2015 Cookbook
- Create and Update bug by email in TFS 2015 using Bug2Mail Service
- How to compile .NET 2015 Preview projects with TFS 2013 Build
About Utkarsh Shigihalli
- Integrating VSTS for DevOps with privately hosted Azure App Service
- Team Services - Use one build definition to build all branches & release selectively
- VSTS Status Monitor - A Google Chrome extension to monitor VSTS Status
- How to transform Web.Config file 'Properly' with VSTS!
- SpecFlow VSTS Build pipeline with SpecRunner For BDD Style Automated Gherkin Functional Tests
- Infrastructure Deployment Pipelines: Deploying Infrastructure in Azure with VSTS
- HOWTO: Check browser type and its version in your VSTS/TFS extensions
- HOWTO: Copy text to clipboard in VSTS/TFS Extensions